The successful Stores Supervisor will be responsible for leading and monitoring the daily operations of the Stores area in the frame of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People.
They will focus on the daily management of goods receiving materials and parts, issuing goods internally and selling parts to customers.
The Stores Supervisor will have the ability to support and develop employees as well as being able to quickly resolve any issues and problems to minimise their effect on the Stores Department.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Stores, ensuring appropriate resources (people, equipment) are available to meet planned activity levels.
- Supervising a small team of Staff
- Ensure compliance to all appropriate legislation related to safe conduct of warehouse operations.
- Maintain and enhance effective working relationships with staff.
- Contribute to the identification, evaluation and where appropriate implementation, of improvement initiatives within the warehouse.
- Ensure staff work to the processes and procedures relating to the warehouse operation.
- Monitoring staff performance levels, providing feedback and helping to identify development opportunities.
- Set the example for safe working practice in the Stores department
- Ensures all Incoming and Outgoing Products and Documentation confirms to the required standard.
- Maintain product traceability and paperwork records as per company procedures and guidelines
- Performs regular stock checks to maintain high stock accuracy
- Monitors Material Life to minimise obsolescence
- Coaches and develops team members
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing Warehouse
- Lean Manufacturing & 5S.
- Strong Leadership & People Management.
- Problem Solving/Root Cause Corrective Action.
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Computer Literate (MRP, MS Office).
- Ideally have knowledge of aerospace manufacturing but not essential as knowledge training will be provided.
- Ideally have knowledge of composite manufacturing but not essential as knowledge training will be provided.
- Understanding of Engineering documentation
- Understanding of ISO/BSI Audit
- Driving License (Company Transport provided)
- Counterbalance FLT License