The successful Production Manager will be responsible for leading the production team across all areas of the shopfloor. They will focus on the daily management of the production environment with an emphasis on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, People. The Production Manager will have the ability to empower, support and develop employees as well as being able to quickly resolve any issues and problems to minimise their effect on the production process.
- Lead Daily/Weekly meetings across the shopfloor.
- Promote right first-time culture.
- To ensure work is carried out within the allocated times, to the required standards.
- Drive shopfloor efficiencies.
- Provide key Production inputs to business planning meetings to support financial targets.
- Actively participates in projects to achieve company goals and implement solutions.
- Support the Business Development and Engineering teams for prospective bids by advising on any impacts to, and capabilities of Production.
- Support staff development through identification of skill gaps and promote multiskilling.
- Manage and set targets for supervisors.
- Motivate and encourage team to achieve company targets.
- Develop 5S/Lean processes throughout the production area.
- Manage, implement and support Continuous Improvement projects with MRP data analysis.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a Production Management role within a people led environment.
- Lean Manufacturing & 5S.
- Strong Leadership & People Management.
- Problem Solving/Root Cause Corrective Action.
- Computer Literate (MRP, MS Office).
- Ideally have knowledge of aerospace manufacturing but not essential as knowledge training will be provided.
- Ideally have knowledge of composite manufacturing but not essential as knowledge training will be provided.
- Understanding of Engineering
- Understanding of ISO/BSI Audit
- Bachelor’s degree/HND/HNC in management or engineering