Reporting to the Clean Room Supervisor, the role of a Laminator is to ensure the correct lay-up of pre-impregnated glass/carbon into mould tools. Working within an established team in the Clean Room area, attention to detail and the ability to follow processes and procedures are essential. Training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Manufacturing of Composite Aerospace parts within the Clean Room. All parts must be completed within the required specifications and instructions
- Compliance to all Health & Safety measures within the Clean Room and the wider organisation
- Completion of all jobs within the specified timescale’s
- Ensure delivery of tools, material kits and consumables are correct and to the required standard.
- Ensuring cleanliness, organisation and maintenance of own work area and wider Clean Room area
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Responsible for the wellbeing and health & safety of both yourself and fellow workers
- Ability to work with accuracy, high levels of manual dexterity and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work within set guidelines and to strictly follow instructions
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, flexible and willing to be involved in improvement activities
- Work within the guidelines set out in all Works Procedure Manuals and the Quality Procedure Manual
Health and Safety
- Contributes to risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures whilst actively participating in the efforts to create and maintain a zero harm work place culture.
- Challenges non-compliant employees on safety policies and procedures. Reports to senior management if necessary.
- Attends safety training courses as required.
- Actively seeks out and identifies Continuous Improvement Opportunities
- Liaises with relevant departments as required.
- Actively participates in cross function projects to ensure that goals are achieved and solutions implemented.
- Works effectively as part of a team or using own initiative in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions.
Training & Experience Requirements:
- Manufacturing experience is desirable but not a requirements
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Abbie Flanagan with your CV – Abbie.Flanagan@teledyne.com