Reporting to the Assembly Supervisor, the role of an Assembly Operator is to drill, counter-sink, wet assemble rivets and other hardware using a variety of hand and machine tools. Working with an established team within the Assembly department, high levels of attention to detail and the ability to accurately follow processes and procedures are essential. Although we are looking for experienced assembly operators, full training will be provided to the successful applicant.
- Working to close tolerances.
- Interpreting of technical drawings & instructions.
- Good eye for detail & a good level of manual dexterity.
- Working alone and as part of a team.
- Compliance to all Health & Safety measures within the department and the wider organisation.
- Completion of jobs within the specified time scales.
- Ensuring cleanliness, organisation and maintenance of own work area and wider shop floor.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Responsible for the wellbeing and health & safety of both yourself and fellow workers.
- Ability to work with accuracy, high levels of manual dexterity and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work within set guidelines and to strictly follow instructions.
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, flexible & willing to be involved in improvement activities.
- Work within the guidelines set out in all Works Procedure Manuals and the Quality Procedure Manual.
Health and Safety
- Contributes to risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures whilst actively participating in the efforts to create and maintain a zero harm work place culture.
- Challenges non-compliant employees on safety policies and procedures. Reports to senior management if necessary.
- Attends safety training courses as required.
- Actively seeks out and identifies Continuous Improvement Opportunities
- Liaises with relevant departments as required.
- Actively participates in cross function projects to ensure that goals are achieved and solutions implemented.
- Works effectively as part of a team or using own initiative in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Actively engages in discussions and openly supports team decisions.
Training & Experience Requirements:
- Assembly Manufacturing experience is essential, aerospace would be desirable.
- Experience using hand and automated assembly tools is required.
- Experience using and/or mixing resins is desirable but not a requirement.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Abbie Flanagan, HR Co-Ordinator with your CV – email@example.com